• Inform players of their responsibility to play cricket according to the Spirit and Laws of Cricket.
• Ensure their team plays cricket in accordance with the Spirit of Cricket, as well as the Law of Cricket.
• Participation in Team Selection Committee.
• Liaise with Club Committee on issues relating to matches and their team.
• Work with team Vice Captain in pursuit of team objectives.
• Be aware of the Child Protection Policy/Child Safeguarding Statement/Health and Safety and implement these policies.
• Carry laminated copy of the Club’s Code of Conduct in kit bag to matches, for reference.
• Be responsible for match balls supplied by Club Committee for matches to be played during season.
Match management including:
• Communication with teammates/umpires/scorers/opposing captains in keeping with the Spirit of Cricket.
• Completion of match team sheets in triplicate , 30 minutes prior to match commencement in accordance with player registration with Cricket Leinster.
• Determining batting order/bowling order/fielding positions/match strategy.
• Completion of scoresheets in accordance with Spirit and Law of Cricket and match regulations.
• Uploading scoresheets to Cricket Leinster by the Tuesday following each matchday.
• Report any breach of Spirit of Cricket by any team player to umpires and to Club Committee.
• Captain may delegate various above-mentioned duties to vice-captain.
Vice – Captain’s role and responsibilities
• Support the captain in their role.
• Step up to role in absence of captain.
8. Selection Committee role and responsibilities:
Director of Cricket
1st team captain (for 1st team selection)
2nd team captain( for 2nd team selection)
Coach or Senior player representative
On a monthly basis
• Select 1st team, nominate 1st team starrings and the eligible non-starred player who can play 2nd team.
• Select (in order of preference) reserve batsmen and bowlers and keeper from 2nd team who can fill in for 1st team as needed
• Select 2nd team.
• Select reserve batsmen and bowlers and keeper from Development team who can fill in for 2nd team.
Criteria for player selection:
Club registration, membership fees paid and form submitted, code of conduct signed, Cricket Leinster registration (correct category and registered).
Any player must only be selected at or above level of known ability. (Known strong players cannot be selected for teams in leagues below their ability).
Other criteria for selection consideration:
On field cricketing ability
Participation in the life of the club
Attendance at training.
Individual Committee member’s roles:
Inform team players of their selection and/or reserve status
Inform Cricket Leinster of starrings list.