TRAINING AND VETTING FOR:
- LEADERS WHO MANAGE/ SUPERVISE CRICKET ACTIVITIES WITH UNDER 18s, and
- THOSE WHO HAVE ANY RESPONSIBLE INPUT TO THESE ACTIVITIES.
- All such persons, eg Coaches; Volunteers who include umpires, drivers, managers etc; Captain /Manager of teams with U18 participating; Licensed officials; Youth committee members; the CCO and DLP , must have Safeguarding 1 Course completed and validated prior to commencing an activity with the U18.
- All such persons must have Garda Vetting Certification prior to commencing an activity with the U18. It is an offence in the ROI to commence an activity with U18 prior to Garda Vetting completion and the club chairperson may be liable. (CI Child Safeguarding Policy & Guidance, pg. 23).
It is vital that all such persons in a position of responsibility take ownership for ensuring that the child safeguarding measures are implemented at club level.
Safeguarding 1 Course.
Safeguarding courses are organised through Laois Sports Partnership CLG at: safeguarding-children (Laois Sports Partnership). A number of sessions are organised by them, the course must be booked online and there is a charge. This charge will be refunded by the club.
CL organise SG1 courses occasionally which are advised via club secretary. Register at CL, fee payable which the club refunds.
On completing the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance. A copy of this must be submitted to the club DLP for records. The cert is valid for three year.
The Childrens Officer and the Designated Liaison Person will attend further appropriate Safeguarding Courses.
Go to CI website, Link. Print off Garda Vetting ID Validation Form.
There are following parts to this form:
- ID identification and Proof of Current Address.
- Follow the steps on the form, presenting original documents to verify ID and Address to one of the club officials listed. The total score of these documents must be 100 points.
- Copy the documents & take these with the originals to the official who will verify and sign them. The copies are to be forwarded to the club DLP for records.
- Scan all the signed documents to this email (email@example.com)
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link which you will need to complete
- Thereafter, you will receive your Garda Vetting Clearance Confirmation.
- Submit a copy to the club for records.
Garda vetting is valid for three years.